I really do enjoy cooking– especially breakfast and supper, but one meal I usually struggle with is lunch. I never know what to make, and most of the time I don’t feel like making a mess in the kitchen so I end up snacking too much and regretting it!
This pasta salad is a PERFECT lunch option for you, but also a great side dish for any party or holiday spread. It’s very basic, but extremely flavorful– with a secret ingredient thrown in there for good measure.
- 2 12oz packages angel hair pasta
- 1 6oz can sliced black olives, rinsed & drained, and then chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- Steak Salt to taste (I usually start with 1 Tbs and go from there)
- 1 7oz jar pimentos, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine with pasta.
I usually make this recipe as written above, and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then see if you want to add more salt, mayo or olive oil.
**Remember, you can always add more seasoning but you can never take it out! Just a little at a time until you get it right.
A note about the secret ingredient: Steak Salt
This elusive ingredient is what my mother swears by to make her pasta salad perfect. You can only get it on Amazon and WalMart online (that I have found), but it is so delicious. There is nothing like it on the market! The ingredients listed are very basic: salt, pepper, garlic powder and celery seed… But it seems like a lot more than that! Trust me, try and get your hands on a bottle of this for your pasta salad… You won’t regret it!
Disclaimer: Not sponsored. Some links are affiliate.