Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite desserts for any holiday! We usually have this on the table at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter… And I think it’s perfect for the 4th of July!
Sweet and cool, perfect for summer… Add this to your menu this weekend and I promise you won’t have any leftovers! : )
- 2 3oz boxes of strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 16oz packages of frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, melted
- 3 Tbs Sugar
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- Make the topping:
In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in the boiling water. Stir in strawberries and refrigerate until partially set. 1-2 hours.
- While the topping is setting, get your crust ready:
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, mix the pretzel pieces, melted butter and sugar. Press firmly into a 13×9 dish. Baked 10 minutes and then allow to cool completely.
- Once crust is cool, mix the creamy filling:
In a medium bowl, beat Cool Whip, cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer until completely combined. Spread over cooled pretzel crust. Refrigerate until completely cool.
This should be about the same time the Jell-o is ready.
- With a spatula, carefully spread the Jell-o topping over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving so Jell-O can set completely before serving!
Can be made the night before. Serves 12.
Pro-Tip: Use a 9×9 dish instead of a 9×13, and then make a little pan with the leftover ingredients just for you : ) Trust me, you won’t want to share!